In preparation of school vacation and family visits I have decided to review my 2010 Goals and see how I managed.
1. Run 1,010 miles in 2010. – I have no clue how many miles I ran this year. Too many to keep track of, but I am thinking somewhere in the 800-900 range.
2. Pay off my credit card. – TWICE!! 🙂
3. Run a 1/2 in under 2 hours – came very close (2:02 at OKC) more than anything had fun trying.
4. Buy a running skirt – and race in it! August 28, 2010 – it was fine. Bought another one at the Women’s Half in AZ and HATED IT!! I’m such a follower. I knew better. So goes it. (Anyone want to buy a used-one-time running skirt?)
5. Memorize 10 Bible verses. – didn’t memorize any – but turned to many throughout the year to sustain me. Romans 12:2 (always) ~ 2 Cor 4:18 ~ James 4:7 ~ Gal. 5:6 (why would God give me another day if I am going to waste it?) ~ Gal. 6:10 ~ Eph. 4:12 ~ Phil 2:3-4 ~ Matt 5:9 ~ Eph. 4:2 ~ Eph. 4:22 (I like Ephesians – and 2’s) 🙂
6. Cut some bangs. – February ~ short lived. They drove me nuts when I ran. But they were cute.
7. Teach “Jett” (the turd eating super dog) to be a valiant running partner. March 2010 – if you missed that post HERE – it was a good one.
8. Climb another 14er – I miss ’em. – tried. Access was closed. A week too late. oops.
9. Get another tatoo. November ~ just before FRF and I left for AZ we decided to get tattoos. I added my kids’ initials to the hubs’.
10. Tear down the wall between my kitchen and dining room! – the year isn’t over yet! oh how I wish the hubs read my blog.
So. That was it. It has been a great year. I have learned so much about myself, who I was created to be, and my purpose. Not too shabby.
Wishing each of you a Merry Christmas and Safe New Year!
Love ~ S