Skip to content

don’t be jealous

March 5, 2010

I’ve read many of your blogs and have seen hundreds of photos of inspiring, scenic runs.  I started to feel a little left-out.  So I used my little camera phone to take some photos of my scenic 5 mile route (not to be confused with my boring, regular, usual, or north-wind 5 mile route – they are all the same btw).

Here goes:

 

Mile 1 – .5 mile from home

Do you feel it? That’s envy my friend.

 

Mile 2 - 1.5 miles from home

that’s right – we have sunsets you can’t begin to imagine.  oh sure. you have oceans, and mountains, rolling hills, and trees, but we have dust!  so much dust that it paints the sky unbelievable colors at sunset.

Mile 3 - the other side of town

oh look – trees. I almost forgot – we DO have trees.

Mile 4 - Main Street...really

seriously folks – if laid-back, slow-paced, no-fumes is what you’re looking for, have I got a deal for you.

Mile 5 - along the path

Beautiful isn’t it?  An 18 month renovation of the 6 mile path – unfortunately I am not allowed on 4 miles of them if I’m alone. 🙂

Hey look - a runner!

I like blue. 

You probably can’t tell, but I am packing heat.  I’m a card-carrying member of the NRA – but just the card – no heat – okay no card either.  But if a crazy comes anywhere near me I start screaming “MY HUSBAND OWNS A GUN AND HE’S NOT AFRAID TO USE IT ON GEESE – MOOSE – DEER – OR DUCKS!!”  It seems to only scare folks who have a tad bit of sanity left and are certain I am without any.

So there you have it.   I’ve been reading on motivation and lack-there-of and realized it is 98% mental – I think the other 2% is view.

Be sure to enter the Giveaway by clicking the link on the right or by going HERE – good luck!

Run on Friends!

Advertisements
5 Comments leave one →
  1. March 5, 2010 7:58 pm

    Well, I can certainly tell why you moved from Colorado, you lucky girl!!! Mile 2 had me drooling! You keep perfecting that course cuz it really doesn’t matter where you run, you’re running – and kicking my butt! Happy Weekend!! xoxo

    • Mother Runner permalink
      March 6, 2010 7:44 am

      I know!
      Pretty good – right?

  2. March 6, 2010 10:44 am

    Made me laugh again…you never fail! Good job! Left a post on my Facebook about your giveaway this morning! Happy Saturday!

  3. March 9, 2010 10:05 pm

    this is funny.
    maybe you should post the same pics in summer and fall….to show when it’s really pretty.
    right now everything is so….blahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

    i miss you girlie.

    • Mother Runner permalink
      March 10, 2010 1:19 pm

      i’m afraid i would start a rise in population – i can’t be responsible for that.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: